Skip if you do not want to learn about git and github
use it as a backup of your work
In the near future you will be installing your very own desktop environment, applications and themes from the ground up.
We will need to type in a lot of commands before everything is installed.
What if there is a way to keep track of all those commands…
What if there is a way to keep your configuration files online…
What if there is a way to re-install your personal configurations very fast…
I can only recommend you use and learn to work with github.
I can give you a quick and easy way to set up your own personal github.
Use only two scripts to maintain your github
This tutorial is intended for the usage of github for just one person. No collaboration with others.
Why do I need a github?
- Easy and quick installation in ArcoLinuxD and Arch Linux
- It is a backup system for you.
- Moving from pc to pc and syncing the latest work via github.
- You can easily share files with others.
- Some distros make installing from github very easy – like Arch Linux
- Communicate with others via github.
- Github has a system to follow up issues.
- More visibility for your projects.
What can I share on github?
- config files
- settings from applications
We will make your very first repository.
You only need two scripts to start using your personal github.
Get the files from the instruction video with git clone in a terminal.
git clone https://github.com/creatinggithub/nemesis
Then you change the name and email like in the video.