We give you the power and knowledge to change the ArcoLinux iso.
We have heard the following remarks online that you can now easily solve yourself.
- there are too much/too little browsers
- I do not need libreoffice – I want openoffice
- I want steam or obs-studio on the iso
- I want more applications
- I want less applications
- The iso does not support xxx hardware.
with git clone
- git clone https://github.com/arcolinux/arcolinux-iso
- change packages.x86_64 – we just change arbitrary some of the applications
- We add steam and steam-native-runtime
- run script 30
- Three times “y”
- test iso in virtualbox
- steam works
Mid July 2018 packages.both was changed into packages.x86_64 since there is no more support for 32 bits.
Check out how to build
and change the ArcoLinux iso
you want it
together with English Bob
Edit the packages.x86_64 file.
Adding packages you do want.
And removing packages you do not want.
Make it your own personal iso!
In this video we show you how to install the latest ArcoLinux 6.8.6 version. The 1st of July 2018 we did not release an iso because of issues with the newer kernel and with the virtual box packages. Solution is installing the linux-lts kernel. Only if you are working on VirtualBox.
But you do not need sourceforge.
You can build our latest version of ArcoLinux ANYTIME.