New Login screen
Since the ArcoLinux iso has a new welcome screen, we update the welcome screen for Plasma as well.
Plasma settings added
We took a look at the settings of Plasma to set the missing elements that we so love having around on our other desktops. For example our keyboard shortcuts. Let us give a summary of all the changes.
- sardi-arc theme is now standard
- numix-theme is installed
- no splash screen so we boot up faster
- gtk theme has been set breeze
- desktop effects : desktop cube
- desktop effects : wobbly effects
- desktop effects : grid effect
- 4 virtual desktops in 2 rows with slide effect
- 30+ keyboard shortcuts – same as on other desktops
- start with empty session on next boot
In the other video we see Plasma on SSD (that one has the wobbly effect – virtual box will not) and we go over the same content but this time we check the files that are coming to your system via /etc/skel. A more technical approach and a way to look at the source of all the plasma settings.Talking about skel and bupskel.
Updating the arcolinuxb plasma ssd
for the tutorials
it was a bit of a sherlock holmes
to get to the look
of the ArcoLinuxB plasma 19.03
kvantum-qt5 is a no go on Plasma
instead use Qt5ct
Latte dock prevented our
arcolinux keyboard shortcuts