You need to read the ~/.config/i3/config. Then make a backup. Then change some lines, test and make that config your own.
We will go over the big chapters in your configuration file.
Topics covered :
- Set your main key Super or ALT
- There is the naming convention for your keys
- Tips for dual screen owners – arandr, xrandr and display manager from xfce
- exiting, reloading, …
- stop an application
- change fonts
- assign application to a workspace
- how to know the class of an application
- how to start up applications from boot
- use catfish to search your system, also hidden files also in files
- use meld to compare files and folders
- gnome-screenshot can save a picture in jpg
- floating enabled and disabled explained and shown